The Cozy Theater in Wadena was built in 1914 from a design by Minneapolis architect Kirby Snyder. John Quincer bought the building in 1923, and remodeled it to its present Moderne appearance in 1938. Quincer closed the theater for three months to install the marquee, glass and metal Streamline Moderne front doors, as well as a raised front wall and stepped side walls to the top of the building. Most of the interior fixtures were replaced with Moderne decorations to complete the transformation. The Quincer family continues to own and operate the theater.